Emma's Room
Wednesday, December 17, 2003
Emma's bug update
Just to let everyone know... Emma is recovering from her viral infection, having moved through all the stages the doctor predicted last week. She no longer has a fever or the, ahem, gastrointestinally distressed diapers, and all we are left with is a bit of nasal congestion. (When I say "a bit" one should conjure up images of Niagara Falls for appropriate comparison.) Along with occasionally resembling what Bill Cosby referred to as "the Glazed Doughnut Monster," Emma is hating her Mean Mommy for repeatedly using the nasal bulb syringe (aka snot sucker) on her to try and alleviate said Glazed Doughnut Monster appearance. Ah well, I guess this is one of those things where Emma will get her revenge in about 12 or 13 years by doing some obnoxious teenage thing... Now if only Mommy and Daddy can keep from catching Emma's bug, we'll have a healthy holiday season! In the meantime, Emma is busy perfecting her skill of blowing raspberries, which is very comical and Mommy is trying to capture on film (or digital image anyhoo) but hasn't yet caught. I'll share it with you as soon as I've snapped it!
